Apr 3, 2009

Update - still hunting for MAC

The Hello Kitty toy I received from my boyfriend for Valentine's Day =D


It's been a while since I posted on here so it's time for a little update.


THE HUNT FOR MAC GOODIES

In a previous blog I mentioned the MAC x Hello Kitty collection. Well surprise surprise .. I found it in stores!


I don't know why it took me so long to find out we had it, when you enter Myer the sign is right in front! But I don't shop much in the city anymore.

I googled over the collection for a good 10 minutes then finally went to ask the sales assistant about the lip conditioner. I had ordered some from eBay a few days prior for $28US (around $42AUD). She said it was $35 but it was SOLD OUT! I asked if they were getting any more, dumb question because it's a limited edition collection.

I tested the eyeshadow and it's so .. SMOOTH! I only put a little bit on and it covered my whole eyelid in this soft, smooth shade of green *faints*

Anyways, I went to another department store, David Jones, yesterday and found out they also sold the Hello Kitty collection (they didn't when I checked a few weeks back). On some of the tester items there were stickers that said 'SOLD OUT' and unfortunately it was on the 'Pink Fish' lip conditioner I wanted. ARGH! There's two colours, Pink Fish - it's a light pink - and Popster, a sort of flamingo red. One of the pressed powders was also sold out. I doubt if I brought that I'd ever use it because of the Hello Kitty face engraved into the powder. I wouldn't ever touch that.


I guess I'll have to resort to paying for the item I won on eBay. I'm kinda waiting for the USD/AUD exchage rate to improve, currently $1AU buys 70US cents .. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment